Assistant Project Manager (Construction) - Conshohocken, PA
Job Title: Assistant Project Manager
Location: Conshohocken, PA
Pay range: $40,000 - $50,000 based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking for an opportunity in the Construction Industry to join a fast-paced, fast-growing company where you can learn and grow? Are you detailed oriented and like to work individually but also be part of a team? If so, look no further, come join the great Contexture (formerly known as Ver-Tex Construction) team.
We are a rapidly growing company that gives you the opportunity to develop new skills and grow along with us. If you are looking for a company with great culture, pay, benefits and management, please look no further!
We are looking for an Assistant Project Manager to join the Project Management team. As a key member of the Project Management team, the Assistant Project Manager will report to the Director of Project Management.
The Assistant Project Manager is vital for the overall success of their projects, assisting the Project Manager in overseeing and direction of construction projects from conception to completion while delivering projects on time, within scope and budget.
Position Key Criteria/Requirements
- 1+ years of demonstrated success working within a team environment to achieve project goals.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and proactively
- Clean and safe driving record
- 1+ years of construction experience - construction documents and related processes
- 1+ years of customer service experience
- 1+ years of experience with construction finish products or demonstrated ability to learn the product quickly
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Position Measurable Accountabilities
- Prepare change orders, request vendor pricing, document changes as requested
- Review order acknowledgements and quotes for 100% accuracy within 48 hours
- Communicate any changes in scope, product or schedule to Project Manager within 48 hours.
- Ensure 100% accuracy on resubmittals & scope based on construction document changes and/or requested changes
- Review returned submittals for markups / notes and report to Project Manager within 72 hours
- Track material orders, update OneNote and provide procurement log to customer as requested
- Provide support and guidance for project questions by requested date, or respond within 48 hours
- Provide product data / samples when requested or notify customer of delay within 48 hours
- 100% adherence to internal SOPs ie, document storage, change order process, OneNote, etc.
- 100% attendance at job kickoff meetings, scope reviews, project meetings and at required onsite trade coordination meetings when applicable
- Warehouse: requests submitted as least 5 business days in advance of due date, notify Warehouse Manager of exceptions
- Procurement: submit any requests at least two days in advance of due date
- Monitor progress of other trades to ensure project in on track and adjust internal schedule within 48 hours as delegated
- Job site readiness: at least 95% accurate
- Field measure accurate field dimensions based on product specifications
Position Key Technical Competencies
- Proficiency with Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Excel, Bluebeam, Procore and other GC management software
- Understands and can interpret the technical requirements of plans, schedules, specifications, vendor technical documents (product data sheets)
- Proficiency navigating vendor quoting and ordering portals
- Health Insurance (70-79% company funded)
- Dental/Vision Insurance (70% company funded)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (100% company funded)
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- 401k Plan (company guaranteed match up to 4%)
- PTO (paid time off)
- 10 Company paid holidays
- Quarterly company social event
- Parental Leave of Absence (based on tenure)
- Virtual tutoring program for team member's school aged children
Est. in 1985, Contexture (formerly known as Ver-Tex Construction) is a woman-owned industry leader of design & installation of window treatments and acoustic wall and ceiling solutions. In 2022 Ver-Tex Construction rebranded as Contexture.
We provide the highest quality service and solutions for our clients' needs with unrelenting dedication and care. We are currently growing across 20 states but remain nimble and centered around human connectivity. We have big plans and intent to make a world of difference for our Contexture family.
We have a unique culture and are passionate about our Core Values. We expect our team partners to "live" by our core values in everything they do at Contexture, and we will only consider hiring team members that are willing to do the same.
Our Core Values
#BuildPeakMoments - Create unforgettable customer service experiences.
#PushTheEnvelope - Constantly challenge paradigms.
#WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName - Be a community of care.
#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork - Stop, collaborate, and listen.
#WorkLifeHarmony - Make time for life.
#PursueSustainability - Be Conscious of Your Impact
If these Core Values speak to you, then you will be a great fit with the Contexture Team!
Company Culture Guide: https://contextureusa.com/careers#values
Company Website: https://contextureusa.com/
If you see yourself as a good fit for the company culture and the role, please complete our online application and send us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contexture is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
However, we don’t employ jerks, even really smart ones. :)