Project Manager (Construction) - Philadelphia, PA
Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Pay range: $70,000 - $80,000 based on experience
Job Type: Full-time
Are you looking for an opportunity in the Construction Industry to join a fast-paced, fast-growing company where you can learn and grow? Are you detail oriented and like to work individually but also be part of a team? If so, look no further, come join the great Contexture (formerly known as Ver-Tex Construction) team.
We are a rapidly growing company that gives you the opportunity to develop new skills and grow along with us. If you are looking for a company with great culture, pay, benefits and management, please look no further!
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the Project Management team. As a key member of the Project Management team, the Project Manager will report to the Director of Operations.
The Project Manager is vital for the overall success of their projects, assisting the Project Manager in overseeing and direction of construction projects from conception to completion while delivering projects on time, within scope and budget.
Position Key Criteria/Requirements
- 3+ years of demonstrated success working within a team environment to achieve project goals
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and proactively
- Clean and safe driving record
- 3+ years of construction experience – construction documents and related processes
- 3+ years of customer service experience
- 3+ years of experience with construction finish products or demonstrated ability to learn the product quickly
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Position Measurable Accountabilities
- Ensure that all actions are supporting the Purpose, Vision, and Core Values of Contexture Construction
- Financial planning and monitoring of projects
- Maximize gross profits by utilizing tools such as change order strategy and management, vendor and customer back charges and subcontracting where appropriate
- Plan and create the critical path and benchmarks for each project by understanding timing of each phase
- Proactively communicate with key stakeholders, internally and externally, to ensure awareness of the projects’ progress
- Risk management - Identify and respond to potential issues throughout the life of the projects to minimize potential negative impacts including, but not limited to:
- Unrealistic scheduling commitments
- Poor planning design
- Safety & regulatory requirements
- Company financial liability
- Ensure timeliness & accuracy of all PM responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Requests made to Field Operations (scheduling, warehouse, installers)
- Order submission to Procurement Department
- Field measures & site coordination
- Change orders
- RFI tracking & review
- Submittal review & re-submittals
- Forecasts (short & long term)
- As required, present accurate and timely reports to Director of Project Management and members of the Executive team including, but not limited to:
- Stay current with new products and product training
- Back charges
- Change orders
- Revenue, margin (GPM/GPD), and labor
Position Key Technical Competencies
- 3-5 years of experience working for a commercial window treatment dealer
- Interior finish carpentry trade project management
- Proficiency with Outlook, Teams, OneNote, Excel
- Experience with reading and interpreting Architectural drawings
- Proficient in Bluebeam, Procore and other GC management software
- Experience with Spectrum Viewpoint is a plus but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly learn new products and systems
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong organization skills
- Detailed oriented
- Understands and can interpret the technical requirements of plans, schedules, specifications, vendor technical documents (product data sheets)
- Proficiency navigating vendor quoting and ordering portals
- Health Insurance (70-79% company funded)
- Dental/Vision Insurance (70% company funded)
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Voluntary Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Company paid Basic Life Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Short Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance (100% company funded)
- Company paid Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance (100% company funded)
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Account
- 401k Plan (company guaranteed match up to 4%)
- PTO (paid time off)
- 10 Company paid holidays
- Quarterly company social event
- Parental Leave of Absence (based on tenure)
- Virtual tutoring program for team member's school aged children
Est. in 1985, Contexture (formerly known as Ver-Tex Construction) is a woman-owned industry leader of design & installation of window treatments and acoustic wall and ceiling solutions. In 2022 Ver-Tex Construction rebranded as Contexture.
We provide the highest quality service and solutions for our clients' needs with unrelenting dedication and care. We are currently growing across 20 states but remain nimble and centered around human connectivity. We have big plans and intent to make a world of difference for our Contexture family.
We have a unique culture and are passionate about our Core Values. We expect our team partners to "live" by our core values in everything they do at Contexture, and we will only consider hiring team members that are willing to do the same.
Our Core Values
#BuildPeakMoments - Create unforgettable customer service experiences.
#PushTheEnvelope - Constantly challenge paradigms.
#WhereEverybodyKnowsYourName - Be a community of care.
#TeamWorkMakesTheDreamWork - Stop, collaborate, and listen.
#WorkLifeHarmony - Make time for life.
#PursueSustainability - Be Conscious of Your Impact
If these Core Values speak to you, then you will be a great fit with the Contexture Team!
Company Culture Guide: https://contextureusa.com/careers#values
Company Website: https://contextureusa.com/
If you see yourself as a good fit for the company culture and the role, please complete our online application and send us your resume and cover letter. We look forward to hearing from you!
Contexture is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status.
However, we don’t employ jerks, even really smart ones. :)